The Town of Warsaw is looking to hire a part-time individual to the position of Groundskeeper and General Laborer. This position will require manual and semi-skilled labor to maintain the Town Office and various Town owned properties, including but not limited to general care and upkeep. The job will require up to 24 hours per week and salary is negotiable, commiserate with experience. This position has the potential to evolove into a full-time position.
This is a brief overview of the position and is not meant to be all inclusive of job duties. Duties, responsibilites, and/or activities may change at any time with or without notice. As always, the Town expects all employees to be customer-service oriented and to work safely, cooperatively, and pleasantly with other Town employees and with the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The applicant must possess:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
3. Ability to work under varied climatic conditions.
4. Be team oriented and maintain a positive attitude.
5. Some weekend work may be needed from time to time.
6. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be regularly required to operate mechanical equipment (vehicles, mowers, weedeaters, etc.), reach with hands and arms, drive vehicles, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, kneel, crouch, climb, twist, reach, push and pull; and the employee may be required to lift, carry and/or move objects weighing up to 75 lbs.
Town of Warsaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age or disability in employment or provision of services.