Public Works Operator
The Town of Warsaw is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Public Works Operator. This position will serve under the direct supervision of the Director of Facilities Management and the Director of Wastewater. The potential employee will perform a wide array of functions across multiple departments, ranging from large-scale tasks to daily functions and operations. This position is full-time with an excellent benefits package that includes health, vision and dental insurance, inclusion into the Virginia Retirement System (VRS) pension plan, annual paid leave, all State and Federal holidays, a take-home vehicle for work related events, and a cell phone. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with desirable qualifications and experience.
Essential Job Functions
· Wastewater duties such as daily testing, facility and equipment maintenance, etc.
· Monthly reading of water meters for billing purposes.
· Intermittent operation of large equipment for various tasks throughout Town.
· General labor and maintenance that varies from day to day.
· Maintenance of sidewalks, storm water management, buildings and grounds, parks grounds keeping, public right-of-way maintenance, street cleaning and refuse collection.
· All other duties, as requested by the Director or Town Manager.
· Graduation from an accredited high school is preferred.
· Occasional weekend and holiday work will be required, as needed.
· Knowledge of computers, pumps, plumbing, mechanical devices, power equipment, electric motors, etc., is recommended.
· Occasional lifting of up to 75 pounds may be required.
· Operation of outdoor equipment, machine shop tools and other equipment is required.
Application Process & Submission Date