POLICE DEPARTMENT ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
· The purpose of this position is to serve the Town of Warsaw Police Department, a position that’s meant to strengthen the relationship between the Police Department and the community. The Associate will be responsible for a variety of advanced secretarial duties designed to expedite the recording, processing, and maintenance of departmental communications, reports, administrative details and related business of the Police Department.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· The Associate will be ethical, respectful, approachable, trustworthy, apolitical, and committed to service. The Associate will be adaptable to changing needs of the police department while seeking to enhance the police departments capability to serve the Town of Warsaw. The Associate must be able to show patience, humility, and a sense of humor while dealing with coworkers and community members.
· The Associate will assist the police department in a variety of complex and confidential duties. At the direction of the Police Chief or Lieutenant, the Associate may perform duties including receptionist, customer service, statistical reporting, case/incident reporting, and assisting with social media presence.
· The Associate may assist with preparing sensitive documents related to the Police Department, as well as other governmental personnel and agencies. The Associate may handle and maintain confidential information.
· The Associate will need to greet the public and employees in person, via email, or over the telephone in a positive and customer friendly manner; answers inquiries or routes as appropriate.
· This position serves at the pleasure of the Police Chief and Town Manager and may be assigned other duties, as needed.
This is a part time entry-level position with the opportunity to progress into a full-time clerical position. Current hourly rate is $12.00/per hour with an average of 20 hours per week. The schedule is flexible, and the Town is willing to work with the Associate to determine what schedule works best for both the Associate and the Police Department.
· Valid Virginia Driver’s License
· Graduation from an accredited high school is preferred.
· Knowledge of computers is recommended.
· Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds may be required.
· Must pass a brief competency examination during the final interview process.
Application Process & Submission Date